* 1/2 pound linguini - cooked
* 6 Roma Tomatoes - Cut into large dice
* 6 cloves garlic
* 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
* 1/3 cup fresh basil
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Few turns of fresh ground pepper
Heat oil in a medium-high skillet, add pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute (don't brown the garlic). Add the tomatoes and cook till tomatoes start to wilt. Add Basil and cook for 1 more minute. Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss.
We have an abundance of cherry tomatoes in the summer so we sometimes substitute the roma tomatoes with cherry tomatoes that have been roasted for an hour or 2 in a 250 F oven (like sun dried tomatoes).